OPT/NET B.V. is a team of doers & dreamers that build comprehensive AI products based on decades of hardcore critical industry experience. We believe in making humans superhuman, not replacing them.
For us at OPT/NET the customer experience and operational excellence is at the forefront of everything we do. Elevating customer experience beyond the state of the art and exceeding all customer expectations are our goals.
We are looking for a versatile motivated and ambitious DevOps Engineer *star* who will help us build our diverse family of advanced telecom grade AI products deployed on the large-scale High-Performance and functional hybrid cloud systems.
We are looking for talented individuals who are looking to realize their full potential with the organization where rewards are merit based.
He/She will be responsible for maintaining our lab and production infrastructures, supporting software building processes and tool-chains, deploying products and updates for our customers, identifying production issues and implementing integrations that meet and exceed our customers' needs.
If you have a solid background in linux, cloud systems, networking, and understand what it takes to support software engineering processes and are familiar with CENTOS/RedHat Linux, Cloud(s) technology, Python, Bash and other scripting languages, we’d love to speak with you.
Objectives of this Role:
• Maintaining our Lab and Prod environments
• Building and setting up new development tool chains and CI/CD processes
• Listening to and understanding the needs of external and internal customer & users and other stakeholders during interactions with them and conveying this information to developers and product managers
• Working on ways to automate and improve our development, release and deployment processes
• Testing and examining the DevOps code written by others and analyzing results while using internally developed tooling and our own AI products
• Ensuring that all our customer’s systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
• Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes’ by monitoring the deployed platforms with our AI tools
• Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
• Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
• Maintain Lab and Prod infrastructures
• Deploy updates and fixes
• Provide Level 2 technical support to the cloud customers
• Build tools based on our AI products to eliminate occurrences of errors and keep customer experience at highest levels possible
• Develop software(scripts) to integrate with internal back-end and external front end systems
• Perform root cause analysis for production errors that (unfortunately) happened
• Investigate and resolve technical issues proactively based on the insights from our OptOSS AI
• Develop scripts to automate certain frequent visualization (AI Knowledge Packs) for OptOSS AI and other products of ours
• Collaborate on the design of procedures for internal and external system troubleshooting and maintenance
Skills and Qualifications:
• BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
• Experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
• Generic CENTOS Linux systems administration, disaster recovery
• Proficient with Git and Git workflows
• Good knowledge of UNIX shells (Bash), Python or Perl
• Working knowledge of databases and SQL (Postgres or PostGIS)
• Basics of IPv4 Networking and LAN Switching (Cisco, Juniper)
• Experience with Atlassian family of Server Edition products such as JIRA, Bitbucket
• Familiar with Jenkins CI/CD approach
• SSO and authentication with Google
• Familiar with Docker, Kubernetes and desired experience with SDN
• Cloud technology from heterogeneous cloud providers (AWS, GCP, IBM)
• Problem-solving and willing to learn and improve attitude
• Collaborative team spirit and ability to smooth out any conflict and deflect negativity (especially when customer facing)
• Master's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
• Experience with software engineering, customer experience and telecom/network engineering
• Experience developing engineering applications for a large service providers, telecom providers or very large corporations
Sales Interns form an important part of the customer-facing side of the organisation. Sales Interns help the Sales Representatives primarily in the lead generation phase of the sales cycle to learn about the markets OPT/NET operates in. Sales Interns familiarise themselves with the sales process by looking through LinkedIn for appropriate leads, closely following the news to discover sales opportunities, assist with the creation of sales collateral, and help establish contact with the innovation/startup facing divisions of large enterprise accounts.
Marketing Interns form part of the Sales Enablement team. They may assist the Marketing Director and senior staff by performing administrative and content creation-oriented duties while they gain experience. Marketing Interns conduct research, interact with sales teams through calls & emails, update marketing deliverables, attend meetings, and help maintain client relationships, among other tasks.
You can make a bold spontaneous application (CV & cover letter), even if we are not specifically advertising for the role. We are always open to connect with talented & ambitious people and discuss potential opportunities.