The main goal of this position is to communicate from the technical and value sides the “What” and “Why” about OptOSS AI (Telecom) to the market and the users.
He/she is an expert at building value propositions and choosing how these messages should be communicated whether it's through a presentation to a customer, training to the partner, transferring Product and Solutions information internally or externally via a blog post, a social post, white paper, or a video.
This position is a pre-sales technical marketing champion and provides support in the identification, creation, and integration of OptOSS AI solutions and supports implementation of the strategies set by technical and product leadership within a given solution area.
He/she works with BusDev and Sales teams to identify opportunities, providing technical sales and marketing support throughout the sales & product marketing processes.
Main focus is on sales closures.
Secondary responsibilities are to evangelize the OptOSS AI product suite. He/she is responsible for communicating and enriching information flow between BusDev and Product & technology peers while responding to RF*s (RFI/RFP primarily) as needed, including providing inputs & creating technical and sales documentation such as Statement of Work and OptOSS AI solution’s designs, Product trainings, Seminars/Webinars.
This role is customer facing and is expected to liaise with product managers to provide feedback and input into business requirements for future products and releases, enhancements, or customized solutions.
As operational issues arise, he/she brings them to the attention of Customer Support and Operations teams.
He/she proactively identifies customer needs and product gaps in the Company’s existing portfolio and works with CTO and Solutions Architects to devise new designs and solutions.
Creativity and problem-solving. Collaborative skills. Tactical planning and business acumen. Technology research and pragmatic analytics skills. Empathy and the ability to connect on various levels with customers, partners, and colleagues.
Broad understanding of telecom technologies, familiar with network design, major equipment types and vendors.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide technical pre-sales subject matter expertise and sales support to the account teams throughout all stages of the sales cycle for OptOSS AI (Telecom) product set.
• Develop and present to customers technical system solutions and associated sales proposals.
• Act as the principal liaison on behalf of Sales with other parts of the organization regarding technical solutions associated with an opportunity in a defined solution area.
• Assist in closing complex technical sales for OptOSS AI (Telecom) products.
• Provide frontline technical support in sales presentations, product demonstrations, seminars, webinars, and assist with system installations (if possible/need arises).
• Understanding the needs of the market, customers, and users, and ensuring that the OPT/NET’s products align with the overall business objectives. Influencing product investment plans and roadmaps.
• Engaging in continuous communication, providing updates, clarifying requirements, and seeking feedback.
• Responsible for helping to achieve and exceed sales targets within the assigned solution set.
• Develop solution-specific “Attack Plans” for global customer segments.
• Execute ongoing customer competitive analyses and market studies.
• Assist sales team as technical lead in pursuit of identified revenue opportunities.
• Participate in Refining and Grooming of the backlog, adding new items, removing irrelevant ones, and ensuring the team has a clear understanding of what needs to be done.
• Prepare and deliver presentations for the assigned product/subject area at industry meetings, user groups and trade shows. • Collaborate with the OptOSS AI (Telecom) Product’s team during the development process to ensure that each incremental release ( i.e. Major, Minor, Maintenance) meets the roadmap goals, acceptance criteria and fulfills the user's needs.
• BA/BS degree in Engineering, Business Administration or Marketing (or equivalent job-related experience)
• Typically 4-7 years general business experience including:
- Developing and managing product portfolios; and/or
- Proven success in organizational / technical leadership positions; and/or Telecommunications industry or related technology background
• Pre-sales engineering or sales support experience desirable
• A working knowledge of their assigned solution area; technical knowledge of OptOSS AI (Telecom) products; general knowledge of OPT/NET’s product portfolio and values/benefits they bring to the market
• Strong technical leadership, analytical and organization skills
• Understanding of financial principles and financial analysis
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Proficient in Apple MAC and Google for Business Office applications (Editors, Spreadsheets, Presentations, Graphics creation), nice to have Word, PowerPoint
• Strong public speaking abilities and empathy
Flex working with 60% on site or at the customer sites. Approximately 10-20% travel is expected, but not always required (is expected to increase in the following years)
For us at OPT/NET the customer experience and operational excellence is at the forefront of everything we do. Elevating customer experience beyond the state of the art and exceeding all customer expectations are our goals.
We are looking for a versatile motivated and ambitious DevOps Engineer *star* who will help us build our diverse family of advanced telecom grade AI products deployed on the large-scale High-Performance and functional hybrid cloud systems.
We are looking for talented individuals who are looking to realize their full potential with the organization where rewards are merit based.
He/She will be responsible for maintaining our lab and production infrastructures, supporting software building processes and tool-chains, deploying products and updates for our customers, identifying production issues and implementing integrations that meet and exceed our customers' needs.
If you have a solid background in linux, cloud systems, networking, and understand what it takes to support software engineering processes and are familiar with CENTOS/RedHat Linux, Cloud(s) technology, Python, Bash and other scripting languages, we’d love to speak with you.
Objectives of this Role:
• Maintaining our Lab and Prod environments
• Building and setting up new development tool chains and CI/CD processes
• Listening to and understanding the needs of external and internal customer & users and other stakeholders during interactions with them and conveying this information to developers and product managers
• Working on ways to automate and improve our development, release and deployment processes
• Testing and examining the DevOps code written by others and analyzing results while using internally developed tooling and our own AI products
• Ensuring that all our customer’s systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats
• Identifying technical problems and developing software updates and ‘fixes’ by monitoring the deployed platforms with our AI tools
• Working with software developers and software engineers to ensure that development follows established processes and works as intended
• Planning out projects and being involved in project management decisions
Daily and Monthly Responsibilities:
• Maintain Lab and Prod infrastructures
• Deploy updates and fixes
• Provide Level 2 technical support to the cloud customers
• Build tools based on our AI products to eliminate occurrences of errors and keep customer experience at highest levels possible
• Develop software(scripts) to integrate with internal back-end and external front end systems
• Perform root cause analysis for production errors that (unfortunately) happened
• Investigate and resolve technical issues proactively based on the insights from our OptOSS AI
• Develop scripts to automate certain frequent visualization (AI Knowledge Packs) for OptOSS AI and other products of ours
• Collaborate on the design of procedures for internal and external system troubleshooting and maintenance
Skills and Qualifications:
• BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
• Experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar software engineering role
• Generic CENTOS Linux systems administration, disaster recovery
• Proficient with Git and Git workflows
• Good knowledge of UNIX shells (Bash), Python or Perl
• Working knowledge of databases and SQL (Postgres or PostGIS)
• Basics of IPv4 Networking and LAN Switching (Cisco, Juniper)
• Experience with Atlassian family of Server Edition products such as JIRA, Bitbucket
• Familiar with Jenkins CI/CD approach
• SSO and authentication with Google
• Familiar with Docker, Kubernetes and desired experience with SDN
• Cloud technology from heterogeneous cloud providers (AWS, GCP, IBM)
• Problem-solving and willing to learn and improve attitude
• Collaborative team spirit and ability to smooth out any conflict and deflect negativity (especially when customer facing)
• Master's degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
• Experience with software engineering, customer experience and telecom/network engineering
• Experience developing engineering applications for a large service providers, telecom providers or very large corporations
Sales Interns form an important part of the customer-facing side of the organisation. Sales Interns help the Sales Representatives primarily in the lead generation phase of the sales cycle to learn about the markets OPT/NET operates in. Sales Interns familiarise themselves with the sales process by looking through LinkedIn for appropriate leads, closely following the news to discover sales opportunities, assist with the creation of sales collateral, and help establish contact with the innovation/startup facing divisions of large enterprise accounts.
Marketing Interns form part of the Sales Enablement team. They may assist the Marketing Director and senior staff by performing administrative and content creation-oriented duties while they gain experience. Marketing Interns conduct research, interact with sales teams through calls & emails, update marketing deliverables, attend meetings, and help maintain client relationships, among other tasks.
You can make a bold spontaneous application (CV & cover letter), even if we are not specifically advertising for the role. We are always open to connect with talented & ambitious people and discuss potential opportunities.